Must Have Spring Cleaning Supplies
Now that the winter season has said its goodbyes and spring is upon us in full bloom, it's time for the annual spring cleaning regime. If you've heard the saying, "a man is only as good as his tools", it's a phrase that applies to the yearly spring cleanup. But, don't be mistaken, we don't mean that you need to have all that fancy stuff to give your home a fresh start. A spring cleaning toolkit only needs to comprise the cleaning essentials to make your home spotlessly clean. And, before you break you back with this chore, the right supplies can make the task effortless.
Essential Supplies for Basic Cleaning
The following items make up the necessary supplies you'll need to clean the living room, bedrooms, and any other general space in the house.
- Multi-Surface Floor Cleaner: A multi-surface floor cleaner will get rid of any stains and dirt on your floor without the need to switch to a different cleaner for each floor surface type. Whether your home has tile or hardwood flooring, CleanPacs multi-surface floor cleaner will get the job done.
- Mops & Buckets: What’s a ‘clean’ home if the floors are left dirty while you’re wiping down every other surface in the house. Grab the mops and buckets from the storage room to sweep the floors and make them look good as new.
- All-Purpose Cleaner: Don’t be one of the few people who haven’t experienced the wonders of an all-purpose cleaner in their cleaning supplies yet. Your bookshelves, glass tabletops, light switchboards, or whatever it is will be thanking you after you wipe it down with an all-purpose cleaner.
- Disinfectant: A cleaning routine is never complete without disinfecting the most frequently-contacted surfaces to avoid the spread of germs and bacteria. It’s an extra step, but one that is worth the trouble.
- Microfiber Cloth: Instead of paper towels, shift to an eco-friendly option by using microfiber cloths for wiping down the surfaces alongside the all-purpose cleaner or disinfectant.
- Vacuum Cleaner: When there are carpets, there is bound to be a vacuum cleaner lying around in the house. Get it working and clean the carpets in every corner of your home. While you're at it, don't forget to remove the stains on the carpets or upholstery.
Essential Supplies for Bathroom Cleaning
- Bathroom Cleaner: A trusty bathroom cleaner is the only cleaning solution you need to buy to get the dirt and germs off of any and every surface of your bathroom, including the toilet and bathtub.
- Toilet Brush: A toilet brush is a necessity when it comes to cleaning that nasty stuff from the bathroom toilet bowl. Pair it with the bathroom cleaner, scrub it clean, and have your toilet bowl germ-free and smelling fresh all day long.
- Grout Brush: The toilet brush handles your toilet, but a grout brush takes care of everything else. For resistant dirt patches, a grout brush comes in handy for tackling the floors and shower surfaces.
Essential Supplies for Kitchen Cleaning
You might be cleaning your kitchen every day already after making the dinner, but take it a step further when you're cleaning the entire house before spring.
- Kitchen Cleaner: Make the dirt and grime on your kitchen surfaces run with a kitchen cleaner that takes care of counters, stovetops, cabinets, sinks, and any other hard surface in your kitchen.
- Scrubbing Sponge: With the numerous spills on counters and stovetops in the kitchen, a scrubbing sponge is a useful cleaning supply for a spring cleaning routine.
- Microfiber Cloth: Once again, a microfiber cloth will make the kitchen surface shine through with a few wipes.
Extras that Come in Handy
While these don’t count as absolute necessities for a spring cleaning routine, they can make the task a breeze.
- Cleaning Caddy: Say you have more than one bathroom in your home. Or, all your cleaning essentials are in one place, and you have to carry them to the next room. Get a cleaning caddy to store them in a single portable organizer.
- Extendable Duster: Your arms can’t reach the ceiling fans and corners of your room. But, when ignored, these spaces accumulate dust and even spiderwebs, a sight for sore eyes. An extendable duster will get rid of them immediately without straining your arm muscles.
- Plastic Gloves: You won’t need plastic gloves if you don’t mind getting your hands dirty when cleaning the toilet bowl. But, to avoid germs and bacteria during cleaning, get a pair of plastic gloves and throw them on before you get to the task.
Spring cleaning doesn't have to be that overwhelming monstrous task that has your anxiety sky-high before the time arrives. If you have these essentials by your side, the chore becomes tremendously easy, and you might even enjoy it!